Re: jessie-backport of WordPress for DSA 3997-1?

Hi Rodrigo,

On 20/10/17 18:30, Rodrigo Campos wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 06:13:29PM +0100, James Clarke wrote:

>>> Sorry, not sure what you mean.
>>>
>>> 4.8.2+dfsg-2 is the latest version in unstable and testing now, right? That is
>>> what I say I can backport to jessie.
>>
>> No. Packages in jessie-backports, aka *old*stable, must come from stretch, aka
>> *stable*, which is currently on 4.7.5+dfsg-2+deb9u1 and contains the security
>> fixes you're after. That is the version that should be backported.
>
> Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks!
>
> Also, while we are there, I don't have an old-stable server anymore so I'm still
> doing the backport for jessie, but not really test it, etc. Is there any policy
> with backports once the distribution becomes oldstable?

My team (of which Jim is a member) still runs a jessie server with a
backported version of Wordpress (hence our interest!), and we'd be happy
to do basic testing of the package before it got uploaded to the archive.

Best wishes,

Michael

--
Michael Howe