Re: VirtualBox: stretch-backports vs third-party repository

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 10:04:59PM +0200, Yannick Ihmels wrote:
So I'm going to install VirtualBox from stretch-backports. If I enter

   apt -t stretch-backports install virtualbox

the manpages package will be upgraded to the version found in
stretch-backports and packages like linux-headers will be taken from
stretch-backports.

For this reason I often write instead:

apt install virtualbox/stretch-backports

In some cases you would need to specify additional packages with /stretch-backports to ensure all dependencies can be satisfied.