Backports for packages that do not need recompile?

Hi,

I remember reading some time ago in the backporting rules that for
packages which debs from unstable can be installed as is in stable,
they should not be included in that <stable>-backports suite. However,
I cannot find any ressource about this anymore, either on the Debian
wiki[1][2] or in the backports rules[3].

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingFormalBackports
[3] https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

The question arises for packages running on runtime environments (e.g.
Java, Python, PHP, etc.) with dependencies available in stable.

>From what I understand, those options are available for those packages:
1) Do nothing and instruct users to install those from unstable using
apt pinning
2) Upload a new version to <stable-backports> changing only the upload
suite (waste of archive space?)
3) Include unstable version without any change to <stable-backports>
(upload the exact same build, this is what I do on my personal
repository).

Which one is policy?

Thanks,

Alex