Re: Libreoffice i386 is not updated as other architectures

Le 29 juin 2017, Rene Engelhard a écrit :

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:26:32AM +0200, Rpnpif wrote:
> > Libreoffice is 1:5.2.5-1~bpo8+1 released for i386 in
> > jessie-backports instead of 1:5.2.7-1~bpo8+1 for other architectures.
> >
> > Is there a reason?
>
> Yes, the obvious reason that it failed its testsuite on i386:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libreoffice&suite=jessie-backports
>
> (And since it's not security-related and not time-critical I didn't bother. Especially
> since people by now should have hardware amd64-capable...)

Rene,

I am disappointed that it can compiled because I have a i386 hardware
and numerous company have old i386 machines that are still working. I
don't speak of the i386 machine that was converted from the obsolete
Windows XP to Debian.

I have also surprised when I see the success of the compiling
of the 5.2.7 and earliest by the upstream release for i386
architecture.

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=deb-x86&version=5.2.7&lang=fr

Was there all same upstream libraries used by Libreoffice 5.2.7
recompiled for Jessie-backports or only a selection of them?
Or is the compilation Debian chain the problem?

Regards.

--
Alain Rpnpif