Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Thu, 25 May 2017 14:05:50 +0200
Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:

> * Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> [2017-05-25 13:45:35 CEST]:
> > If we care about this user code (and I think we should), then Django
> > 1.10 in backports is a non-starter.  If we don't care about user
> > code then the python-django package isn't something I would ever
> > recommend.
>
>  If the packagers cared about user code (and I think they should),
> then we would have Django 1.8 in stretch?

I certainly care about user code and I think we should have django
1.8LTS in Stretch and update jessie-backports to that version,
applying the security fixes and regaining the link as per policy. That
would then close

Then, after Stretch is released, replace 1.10 with 1.11LTS when
available and the next upload to unstable would be 2.2LTS with 2.0 and
2.1 going to experimental only.

That would make me happy.

--

Neil Williams