Re: Maintaining intermediary versions in *-backports

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> As LAVA upstream, we do not expect users to ever go from jessie to
> stable without going via backports, just because of the rate of change
> upstream.

Debian policy is that you should be able to go straight from Jessie to
Stretch.

I do not understand this problem, however I can't help but think that -
maybe - the easy solution has been taken (tell everyone to upgrade via
backports) - as opposed to understanding the root cause of the problem.

I would be very interested in knowing the root cause, however right now
I have already spent far too much time on this thread.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>