Re: Maintaining intermediary versions in *-backports

On Thu, 25 May 2017 18:19:49 +1000
Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:

> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Agreed. 1.8 *must* remain available. The only supportable route
> > otherwise is to push 1.8 into jessie.
>
> Is that likely to break anything in Jessie?
>
> I don't think I can see the stable release team agreeing to this. Even
> if nothing else breaks.
>
> > Removal of 1.8 is *not* an option at any cost.
>
> It may be outside your control? What then?
>
> Is creating a repository outside Debian a possibility?

It's not just a possibility, it is a reality and a necessary one so
that we can continue to provide upstream releases to users during the
Debian freeze.

https://validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/installing_on_debian.html#lava-repositories

The problem then is that if we lose lava-server from stretch, it
becomes more difficult to install lava for users. I want lava-server to
remain in Debian, to be in each stable release.

--

Neil Williams