Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Wed, 24 May 2017, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> It is maybe a problem and maybe we should get the policy changed - I
> personally don't think too. I don't wan't software that isn't in testing in
> backports - but doing it behinds our back is not an option.

How do we fix the policy then?

Maintaining a version that is older than the current version in testing
and that is newer than the current version in stable ought to be allowed.

Criteria:
- must not break upgrade to next stable or testing
- version must be supported (either by Debian maintainer or upstream)

And as I said, you are causing me unnecessary troubles to keep
tracker.debian.org secure. Can you allow me to continue doing
this at least until this discussion on updating the policy is
settled?

Thank you.
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer