Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:25:19AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > It is maybe a problem and maybe we should get the policy changed - I
> > personally don't think too. I don't wan't software that isn't in testing in
> > backports - but doing it behinds our back is not an option.
>
> How do we fix the policy then?
>
> Maintaining a version that is older than the current version in testing
> and that is newer than the current version in stable ought to be allowed.
>
> Criteria:
> - must not break upgrade to next stable or testing

What is the minimum amount of technical checking that has to be in place
before something like this could be done?

piuparts checking of every package before it gets accepted into backports?

There might be problems if the package in the next stable makes in its
dependencies or pre/postinst any assumptions about which versions ever
existed.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.