Re: ruamel.yaml backport

Andreas Tille:
> Hi Hans-Christoph,
>
> [keeping debian-backports list in the row]
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 09:05:17PM +0200, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the ruamel.yaml backport!  We're using it for F-Droid.
>> Michael just found an issue with it: ruamel.yaml depends on
>> python-typing.  Its built into Python 3.5+, and there is python-typing
>> for python 2.x.  But jessie's python3 is 3.4.x, so ruamel.yaml is
>> missing a 'typing' library.  It seems that the source package already
>> includes the sources for the python3.4 module, it just needs to build
>> it.  I tried my hand, but it was failing on the tests.  I'm totally
>> unfamiliar with the pytest framework.
>>
>> Has your backport been working for you?
>
> Well, I was building it as a reverse dependency for the Debian Med
> package cwltool.  I can confirm that build time tests worked as well as
> for ruamel.yaml as also for cwltool.  That's all I can say and I need to
> admit that I'm not really familiar with pytest framework.  It would help
> if you would more verbose what exactly happened at your build / test
> attempt and may be asking on debian-python list for help.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

Hey Andreas,

Sounds like cwltool is only using python2.  This issue only happens on
python3.

Here's the error in question:

__________________________________________________ ERROR collecting
src/test_typing.py __________________________________________________
import file mismatch:
imported module 'test_typing' has this __file__ attribute:
  /export/share/code/collab-maint/python-typing/python2/test_typing.py
which is not the same as the test file we want to collect:
  /export/share/code/collab-maint/python-typing/src/test_typing.py
HINT: remove __pycache__ / .pyc files and/or use a unique basename for
your test file modules

.hc