Re: ruamel.yaml backport

Hi Hans-Christoph,

[keeping debian-backports list in the row]

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 09:05:17PM +0200, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Thanks for the ruamel.yaml backport!  We're using it for F-Droid.
> Michael just found an issue with it: ruamel.yaml depends on
> python-typing.  Its built into Python 3.5+, and there is python-typing
> for python 2.x.  But jessie's python3 is 3.4.x, so ruamel.yaml is
> missing a 'typing' library.  It seems that the source package already
> includes the sources for the python3.4 module, it just needs to build
> it.  I tried my hand, but it was failing on the tests.  I'm totally
> unfamiliar with the pytest framework.
>
> Has your backport been working for you?

Well, I was building it as a reverse dependency for the Debian Med
package cwltool.  I can confirm that build time tests worked as well as
for ruamel.yaml as also for cwltool.  That's all I can say and I need to
admit that I'm not really familiar with pytest framework.  It would help
if you would more verbose what exactly happened at your build / test
attempt and may be asking on debian-python list for help.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de