Re: Git in jessie-backports needs update

    Hi,

* Aron Xu <aron@debian.org> [2017-05-11 11:25:22 CEST]:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports-changes/2017/02/msg00149.html
> > added git to jessie-backports.  Please update it to include the fix to
> > CVE-2017-8386.
>
> I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll follow up on the update once
> new version hits testing, :-)

 There is no need to delay security related updates with the transition
phase.  This was always clearly communicated by the backports team. :)

 Said that, I don't see an unblock request for the git update in
unstable?  This is the hint that we (as in backports team) need for the
fast tracking to know that it will actually enter testing.  Jonathan,
can you file that?

 Thanks,
Rhonda