Re: log4cpp backport wrongly uses v5 in package name, breaks stuff

On Mon, 8 May 2017 15:40:07 +0200
Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

> I'm currently travelling for various events and meetings so I won't be
> looking at this in any more detail this week.  If nobody is going to
> pick it up immediately I was worried it might be forgotten if it is
> not in the bug tracker.

No, it has my attention now too.

My main motivation in uploading log4cpp 1.1.1 was to address #830459
which led to FTBFS of the 1.0 version in stretch. I was happy with
the 1.0 version in Jessie.

Perhaps removal of log4cpp 1.1.1 from Jessie backports is a good
solution? It seems that only my jessie-backports packages are broken by
this.

-Maitland