Re: backports during the freeze

Hi,

> I was wondering what should be done for updating backports now. I don't
> see that jessie-backports-sloppy has become available and I'm not sure
> how this works during a freeze. It's just that I hvae some packages with
> new upstream releases that I'd like to put through official backports if
> possible.

Well…

testing → stable-backports → oldstable-backports-sloppy

So, as long as there is no stretch, there is no stretch-backports, there
is no jessie-backports-sloppy.

You can of course upload anything to jessie-backports that has entered
testing, but I guess for everything that does not enter testing during
the freeze, you'll have to wait.

I'd also strongly advice against uploading new upstream versions of
existing packages that will not make it into stretch to unstable now.

(Disclaimer: This is a layman's shot at the problem ☺. More experienced
DMs or DDs, please correct me!)

Cheers,
Nik

--
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

Dominik George · Hundeshagenstr. 26 · 53225 Bonn
Mobile: +49-1520-1981389 · https://www.dominik-george.de/

Teckids e.V. · FrOSCon e.V.
Fellowship of the FSFE · Piratenpartei Deutschland
Opencaching Deutschland e.V. · Debian Maintainer

LPIC-3 Linux Enterprise Professional (Security)