Re: linux kernel backports broken

On 2016-05-31 16:30:53, Christian Seiler wrote:
> So I just tried this on my system (I actually just did an apt-get upgrade,
> because I also run a backports kernel on my desktop, also amd64), and it
> worked just fine here.
>
> Are initramfs-tools installed? (dpkg -l initramfs-tools)
> If so, could you do the following:
>
> update-initramfs -k all -u
>
> Does that work or give you an error?
>
> How much space do you have left on your /boot partition?

Sigh... /boot was full. i don't quite understand why the postinst script
wouldn't tell me that, but removing an old kernel fixed the problem and
I was able to build the initrd correctly.

> As for your other problem:
>
>> dpkg-deb: error: parsing file '/tmp/satisfydepends-aptitude/pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy/DEBIAN/control' near line 8 package 'pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy':
>>  `Depends' field, syntax error after reference to package `cpio'
>
> This is not an issue with the package build, but with pbuilder (and by
> extension) cowbuilder only supprt the build profile syntax with
> 0.215+nmu4, whereas Jessie only has 0.215+nmu3. So if you either use
> pbuilder from testing/sid, or manually install the required build
> dependencies on your host system, you can indeed build the package on
> a pure jessie + jessie-backports system. (Probably, takes a long time,
> I haven't actually tried.)

I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip.

A.

--
Le Québec ne rêve plus de devenir une société modèle: voilà son
problème d'environnement.