Re: How do I lower the priority of a repository?

On 01/29/2016 02:38 PM, Joerg Desch wrote:
> Am Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:00:22 +0100 schrieb Jens Reyer:
>
>> Since this is not your system apt.conf, but one only for your local
>> repository, just try it out. Unless you configured a client specifically
>> there shouldn't be any issues - you are just playing around with your
>> local repository.
>
> OK, it is more a private or personal repository than a real local one. It
> is "online" and I've built it for my local installations, my office
> desktops and for some friends of me. But everyone can use it. I don't
> have information about how many people use it.

More the reason to change the Origin to not "Debian". This allows your
users to distinguish between official Debian packages, and third-party
ones like yours. Of course, like any change, this might break something
- but it is the correct solution. And of course you might want to use a
less generic name instead of "local-backports".

Unless all your users use the apt preferences file I suggested, the
down-pinning won't work for them. So for your public use case you should
think about also setting the NotAutomatic and ButAutomaticUpgrades
fields that Ansgar mentioned.

Also you might use "reprepro" instead of manually setting up your
repository.

Greets
jre