Re: X doesn't start with new xserver-xorg-video-intel

[Thorsten Glaser]
> Oh, interesting. Can you share a method how to determine which one to
> use (something with lspci probably, or at least a table mapping my
> various vintage Thinkpads to drivers, or something)?

For Stretch, it will be possible to use AppStream to record the mapping
from hardware to debian package.  Can we document the information there
to allow isenkram-pkginstall to automatically suggest the correct
xserver-* package?

See
for the recipe on how to announce supported hardware using AppStream.

For Jessie, AppStream is unfortunately not able to handle this, but once
the information is available in unstable, I will extract it into the
Isenkram specific database and make sure isenkram-pkginstall handle this
in Jessie.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen