Jessie backport requires Boost > 1.55

Dear backports team,

as a dependency for another package I'm trying to backport hyperscan [1]
which Build-Depends on Boost version 1.57 or later. The issue at hand is
that jessie-backports only carries version 1.55 and and there are no
plans to backport a more recent version due to the Boost team's goal of
ABI synchronicity with GCC and libstdc++ [2].

Since hyperscan only needs the Boost headers, I am tempted to simply
bundle them in the backported source package, of course documenting this
via the embedded-code-copies SVN repo (Could someone probably suggest a
suitable notation for this situation?)

I'm already in touch with the maintainer in unstable. AFAICS this is
also how it was done in the FreeBSD port, at least they mention an
embedded Boost [3] and override BOOST_ROOT when building.

I'd be happy to hear any comments or suggestions. Searching the mailing
list didn't show much success except for an older discussion where it
was also suggested to use an included code copy [4].

Thanks and kind regards
Sascha

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hyperscan
[2]