Re: Please backport Python scikit learn, pandas and seaborn

Hi

>> This issue is supposedly fixed with the statsmodels version currently

>> in Sid which is due to migrate in 5 days. So this point is no longer
>> valid.

false, the bug is fixed in sid, but not in Stretch.
If the package can't migrate it can't be backported.
grep-excuses statsmodels
grep-excuses: package statsmodels repeated in https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/autoremovals.cgi at line 1029:
statsmodels: buggy deps pandas, flagged for removal in 28.4 days
grep-excuses: package statsmodels repeated in https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/autoremovals.cgi at line 1373:
statsmodels: buggy deps pandas, flagged for removal in 28.4 days
statsmodels (AUTOREMOVAL)
buggy deps pandas, flagged for removal in 28.4 days
buggy_dependencies:
- pandas
bugs:
- '837232'
bugs_dependencies:
- '839327'
dependencies_only: false
last_checked: 2016-10-12 15:43:51
rdeps:
- gnocchi
- influxdb-python
- lmfit-py
- pandas
- patsy
- poretools
- psychopy
- pycorrfit
- pymvpa2
- pysal
- python-feather-format
- python-geopandas
- seaborn
- sklearn-pandas
- sunpy
removal_date: 2016-11-10 07:36:02
source: statsmodels
version: 0.6.1-8
statsmodels (0.6.1-8 to 0.8.0~rc1+git43-g1ac3f11-1)
Maintainer: NeuroDebian Team
21 days old (needed 5 days)
Updating statsmodels fixes old bugs: #837232
missing build on arm64: python-statsmodels, python-statsmodels-doc, python-statsmodels-lib (from 0.6.1-8)
missing build on armel: python-statsmodels, python-statsmodels-doc, python-statsmodels-lib (from 0.6.1-8)
missing build on armhf: python-statsmodels, python-statsmodels-doc, python-statsmodels-lib (from 0.6.1-8)
missing build on mips: python-statsmodels, python-statsmodels-doc, python-statsmodels-lib (from 0.6.1-8)
missing build on mipsel: python-statsmodels, python-statsmodels-doc, python-statsmodels-lib (from 0.6.1-8)
missing build on powerpc: python-statsmodels, python-statsmodels-doc, python-statsmodels-lib (from 0.6.1-8)
missing build on s390x: python-statsmodels, python-statsmodels-doc, python-statsmodels-lib (from 0.6.1-8)
Not considered

>While the statsmodels RC bug got fixed, pandas got its own (#839327)
>which will cause autoremoval from testing as it's not fixed yet.

this one seems to be progressing quickly, I expect it to be fixed in a few days :)

thanks!

G.