Re: Re: Latest qt4 backports break bpo qtcreator and wireshark

Hi Julien,

> Note : it is with the version from bpo repo, i.e. :
> sudo apt -t jessie-backports install wireshark=2.0.4+gdd7746e-1~bpo8+1

>> Hi,
>>
>> Actually if you install wireshark with the backport qt4 updates it will
>> remove the following packages :
>> kde-full kde-plasma-desktop kde-plasma-netbook kde-standard kde-workspace
>> kde-workspace-bin kdeartwork kscreensaver
>>   task-kde-desktop

I have removed wireshark from a test system and tried upgrading libqtcore4:
$sudo apt-get install -t jessie-backports libqtcore4

It wants to remove quite a lot of packages:
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  caribou caribou-antler gnome-orca katepart kde-runtime kdelibs-bin
  kdelibs5-plugins kdiff3 kdoctools libdbusmenu-qt2
  libkactivities-bin libkactivities-models1 libkactivities6
  libkatepartinterfaces4 libkcmutils4 libkde3support4
  libkdeclarative5 libkdecore5 libkdesu5 libkdeui5 libkdewebkit5
  libkdnssd4 libkemoticons4 libkfile4 libkhtml5 libkidletime4 libkio5
  libkjsapi4 libkjsembed4 libkmediaplayer4 libknewstuff3-4
  libknotifyconfig4 libkntlm4 libkparts4 libkpty4 libkrosscore4
  libktexteditor4 libkxmlrpcclient4 libnepomuk4 libnepomukcore4
  libnepomukquery4a libnepomukutils4 libphonon4 libplasma3
  libpolkit-qt-1-1 libqt4-dbus libqt4-dev libqt4-dev-bin
  libqt4-opengl-dev libqtwebkit-dev libsolid4 libsoprano4 phonon
  phonon-backend-vlc plasma-scriptengine-javascript python-pyatspi
  python-pyatspi2 python3-pyatspi qdbus qt-at-spi qt4-linguist-tools
  smplayer smplayer-l10n smplayer-themes soprano-daemon

I'm not really convinced that the first thing to fix would be wireshark...
Sorry for asking this but why do we have Qt 4 4.8.7 in jessie-backports?

Cheers,
Balint