Re: letsencrypt dummy package needs adjusting or removing (was Re: letsencrypt not installable)

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:
> I just hit this issue on a host that had the letsencrypt package installed
> prior to the cerbot backport. The installation was via ansible and the current
> packaging situation in backports broke further configuration of the host until
> I manually went in and fixed with aptitude.

I took another look at the upgrade path, and I agree, there does seem to
be a problem with the way the python-letsencrypt-apache plugin is being
upgraded.  That being said, I don't see a failure to install; I just see
python-letsencrypt-apache removed and not replaced with the certbot
version.

Did you have python-letsencrypt-apache installed on those hosts?

Sincerely,
--
Harlan Lieberman-Berg
~hlieberman