Re: Broken package dependencies in Debian backports

Michael Prokop <mika@debian.org> writes:
> I noticed that Debian backports includes packages which can't be
> installed due to broken dependencies. Today I took some minutes to
> write a script using the lovely dose-distcheck tool to identify such
> packages and hereby report my findings.

Awesome; is this something that you could potentially integrate into one
of the services that runs regularly over the archive?  Not sure which
place it really would belong.  Lintian seems the wrong place; maybe
something attached to ci.debian.org or reproducibility?  Or maybe its
own service?

> * Uploader hlieberman@debian.org with issue(s) in source package(s)
> python-letsencrypt python-letsencrypt-apache

Yup!  These actually have an RM request pending with the backports team
that I need to follow up on.  Thanks for the poke!

--
Harlan Lieberman-Berg
~hlieberman