Re: libreoffice-style-*/jessie-backports uninstallable?

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 06:42:58PM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:47:00PM -0800, Ryan Tandy wrote:
$ apt-get -s -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=1 dist-upgrade

Don't do that? it will almost ever break your system. Only install
selected stuff from backports.

I suppose I should have written 'apt-get upgrade', as this is just a regular system update. I included 'dist-upgrade' just to show there wasn't something obvious holding it back.

Generally, I rely on "NotAutomatic: yes/ButAutomaticUpgrades: yes" to DTRT. I'm certainly not upgrading my entire system to backports.

I can also reproduce this in a clean jessie schroot with just the backports
repository added. If you just say

apt-get install libreoffice-style-galaxy

it chooses the older (4.x) version; if you say

apt-get install libreoffice-style-galaxy=1:5*

use -t jessie-backports (see the Instructions for using bpo)

LO (and libreoffice-style-common) *is* installable in bpo.

Of course. Thanks for the cluehammer.

For anyone else who runs into this: it's exactly the "NotAutomatic: yes" that caused it. In my case libreoffice-style-galaxy is a new install, from a new dependency on -style-tango. As such it's not covered by "ButAutomaticUpgrades: yes", so apt chose the version from jessie (not -backports), which _is_ covered by the Breaks on libreoffice-common.

And yes, I did '-t jessie-backports' for the initial install, but somehow forgot about it when looking at this upgrade case. And also when looking installing it in the chroot. Sigh.

Thanks Rene!