Re: Uploading all of OpenStack Liberty to jessie-backports: need advice

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:
> On Sun, 2015-11-22 at 14:30 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> The stable releases are what most users want to use OpenStack. Sid /
>> Testing is too disruptive for a production environment. The Icehouse
>> version in Stable is too old, and has lost support from upstream nearly
>> a year ago.
> [...]
>
> So why was it ever considered suitable for a stable release?

Why shouldn't it be included in stable?

We also have web browsers in stable that are unsupported (everything
except iceweasel and chromium) or applications like the evolution mail
program or the amarok music player which use webkit-based HTML widget to
display HTML from untrusted sources, but the HTML widgets have no
security support.

Other examples mentioned in the release notes include node.js or mediawiki.

Ansgar