Re: approval for backporting stable releases of [calligra,zabbix] (not in "testing")

> Please let me know if I've missed a Debian facility allowing to deliver
> conservative upstream stable releases to users of current "stable" without
> replacing software that were frozen in stable. I thought that backports is a
> perfect facility for that...

I'm not aware of any such existing facility, but "Developer
repositories" (the infamous PPA) proposal covers this under
"Aggressive Backport" scenario. I don't know what is the latest plan
about it, though.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg00131.html