Re: approval for backporting stable releases of [calligra,zabbix] (not in "testing")

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

Hi Dmitry,

> I seek your approval to upload jessie-backports of "calligra" and "zabbix".
> I'm planning to backport current stable releases but they are not in
> "testing" and never going to be in "testing":
>
> Calligra-2.9.9 is QT4 so it is not possible to upload it to "unstable"
> because the latter already switched to QT5. Next major release of Calligra
> (3.0) will be possible to upload to "unstable" but in the meantime I'd like
> to make latest QT4 release available to users of Jessie.
> I already maintain private backport of Calligra for some months.
>
> Zabbix-2.2.11 is a bugfix-only update for Zabbix 2.2 stable LTS branch.
> Testing already have 2.4 so backport of 2.2 is intended to fill the gap.
> (I already got few private requests for backport of Zabbix-2.2.x).
>
> I believe those packages would provide a nice added value to Jessie.
> What do you think?
I am sorry, but we already made stated several times that we don't want to
support such configurations. Backports is for packages from testing.

You are looking for something like stable update or a private repo.

sorry
Alex