Re: approval for backporting stable releases of [calligra,zabbix] (not in "testing")

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015, Vincent Bernat wrote:

>  ❦ 13 novembre 2015 11:32 +1100, Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> :
>
> >>   "To guarantee an upgrade path from stable+backports to the next
> >>    stable, the package should be in testing.. Of course there are some
> >>    exceptions: Security updates. If your package had a security update
> >>    you can upload a new backport even if its not yet in testing. There
> >>    are also some other exception for packages like the kernel, xorg or
> >>    libreoffice."
> >
> > Perhaps what is missing is notion that new packages must be in "testing" in
> > order to be accepted to backports but under some circumstances (e.g. security
> > upgrade) existing package do not have to meet "in testing" criteria...
>
> The exception part should be just removed. As of today, the kernel, xorg
> or libreoffice are no exception to the rule.
It should get rephrased, you can always get an exception to update a package
which is already in backports with a version from unstable if you have good
reasons.

But yes, we don't give general exceptions anymore (except for linitan, which
is used by ftpmasters).

Alex

P.S. I rephrased the contribute part about exceptions