Re: bug #800445 in linux kernel exists in backports package

On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 18:22 +0000, Jakub Stepniak wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm writing here, because I see Debian Kernel Team as maintainer of
> package linux-headers-4.2.0-0.bpo.1-all-amd64
> I've posted the same earlier message on backports list
> (https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2015/10/msg00017.html).
>
> I see, that already fixed bug 800445 (nf_conntrack: table full,
> dropping packet)
> is present in package linux-image-4.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 with version
> 4.2.1-2~bpo8+1: amd64.
>
> Severity in bugtracker is normal, but it's suggested in comments to
> raise it to grave.

Given that it's fixed in unstable and doesn't affect a stable suite,
the severity is irrelevant now.

> I think, that impact is serious and package in backports should be
> patched or upgraded/downgraded as soon as possible.

Once the package migrates into testing (should happen tomorrow), it can
also be updated in jessie-backports.

> Let me know, on which list I should post messages like this in the
> future.

Either will do.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I say we take off; nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.