Re: resiprocate_1.9.7-4~bpo70+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 07:54:46PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I cherry-pick all the changes from the debian-jessie branch into the
> debian-wheezy-backports branch.  I don't leave any out.
>
> Each time I modify debian/changelog, that is a separate commit.  I do
> that so that there are never merge conflicts in the cherry-pick.

You might find dpkg-mergechangelogs useful.  It includes documentation
on how to use it as a merge tool for git specifically for
debian/changelog files.

> I could also merge the debian-jessie branch into my
> debian-wheezy-backports branch but then I would have merge conflicts
> in the changelog.

This is the workflow I use and haven't found it to be onerous.  Maybe
it's due to the use of dpkg-mergechangelogs.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org>