Re: fglrx-driver: Kernel 4.1 backport breaks fglrx in Jessie

reopen 796953

     Hi!

* Julien Aubin <julien.aubin@gmail.com> [2015-08-26 10:07:58 CEST]:
> Source: fglrx-driver
> Severity: critical
> Justification: breaks the whole system
>
> Hello,
>
> Update 4.1 of the Linux kernel has been released in Jessie backports. The
> problem is that the fglrx driver did not follow, causing the X server to
> fail to start.

 I have the same issue with fglrx in stretch, so it's not limited to
backports:

/var/lib/dkms/fglrx/15.7/build/firegl_public.c:3504:22: error: ‘IRQF_DISABLED’ undeclared (first use in this function)
         ((useMSI) ? (IRQF_DISABLED) : (IRQF_SHARED)),
                      ^
/var/lib/dkms/fglrx/15.7/build/firegl_public.c:3504:22: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

 Thanks for looking into it,
Rhonda