Re: Fwd: jessie backport for Wordpress

Am Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2015, 05:23:24 schrieb Rodrigo Campos:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 05:35:22PM +0100, Rodrigo Campos wrote:
> > >
> > > I think I can do that and upload to mentors, nobody "cares". Then, if
> > > exactly that version makes it to testing, that package in mentors can
> > > be uploaded (if Rhonda is fine with it too, I guess. Rhonda?)
> > >
> > > I'll do that tomorrow (or when I see the package in the mirrors I use).
> > > If a new version is needed for the testing migration or something, I
> > > can do it again, no problem :)
> >
> > I was uploading to mentors using dput, as I did before, and when it was
> > about to>
> > finish it was interrupted and is giving:
> > 	Upload failed: 403 Forbidden
> >
> > Since then (a few hours ago). Is this happening to anyone else? Does
> > anyone know if it's under maintenance or where can I check?
>
> I've uploaded to my personal server, you can find all here:
>
> 	https://sdfg.com.ar/pub/wp/

Thank you, Rodrigo.

I replaced the Debian Sid 4.2.2 version of Wordpress with your backport. And I
was able to downgrade the two PHP related packages I needed from Sid before to
their versions from stable like this:

apt-get install php-doctrine-cache=1.3.1-1 php-getid3=1.9.8-3

Works just fine.

I see:

mondschein:~> apt-show-versions | grep wordpress
wordpress:all/sid 4.2.3+dfsg-1~bpo8+1 upgradeable to 4.2.3+dfsg-1
wordpress-l10n:all/sid 4.2.3+dfsg-1~bpo8+1 upgradeable to 4.2.3+dfsg-1

(won´t be upgraded, as Sid has lower priority than backports on this machine)

I think the packages shall be in "jessie-backports" instead of in "sid". You
need to change the changelog entry for that.

Also in lintian -IE on your changes file I get:

martin@merkaba:~/Zeit/backports> lintian -IE
wordpress_4.2.3+dfsg-1~bpo8+1_source.changes
E: wordpress changes: file-size-mismatch-in-changes-file
wordpress_4.2.3+dfsg-1~bpo8+1.dsc 1726 != 2593
E: wordpress changes: checksum-mismatch-in-changes-file md5
wordpress_4.2.3+dfsg-1~bpo8+1.dsc
E: wordpress changes: checksum-mismatch-in-changes-file sha1
wordpress_4.2.3+dfsg-1~bpo8+1.dsc
E: wordpress changes: checksum-mismatch-in-changes-file sha256
wordpress_4.2.3+dfsg-1~bpo8+1.dsc
I: wordpress source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright wp-
includes/SimplePie/NET/IPv6.php (paragraph at line 67)
I: wordpress source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line
67

I didn´t whether they are new with the backports versions or warning that
apply to the  version in unstable as well. I bet the checksum errors may be
related to your backport, but I bet the copyright file related warnings are
something to fix in the Sid package.

Thanks,
--
Martin