Re: Fwd: jessie backport for Wordpress

* Martin Steigerwald <martin@lichtvoll.de> [2015-06-03 13:05:38 CEST]:
> You just replied to list and thus removed Cc for Craig, and thus the
> wordpress package maintainer is not in the loop anymore unless he reads
> backports mailing list. As for having wordpress 4.2 in backports Rhonda
> thinks it is not suitable.

 It might be suitable, but I would have to have some questions answered.
The original reasoning did leave the impression on me that there was a
misunderstanding about what backports is.  Also it left the impression
on me that the version of wordpress is considered unsupported/not being
able to support it properly.

 These are things that raise my suspicion.  We've had a fair amount of
people trying to use backports as an "easy" way to get fixes into
stable and thus I feel the need to raise that point from time to time.

 If I understood Rodrigo in their last mail correctly they have
understood these concerns, and if I understood Holger and Craig
correclty wordpress seems to be actively maintained in (old)stable.
The rest of the concerns are historicly with wordpress in older
backports releases which haven't been taken proper care of.  So we (as
in backports team) would really like to see someone (rather more than
only one person) to be taking care of this backport, best would be
people involved in the regular package maintenance, too (that is, for
testing/unstable), to reduce the chance that we are in the same
situation again after some months when people now using it and thus
having a direct interest potential move to a different platform.  We
just don't want to inherit to have to track that package again after a
year or so.

 Thanks for understanding,
Rhonda