Re: jessie released - backports related changes

I can be confused about the subject, but I think that '-v' option is
no longer necessary, right? If yes, I can see in 'Basic Rules':

It is recommended to include all changelog entries since the last
version on debian-backports or since stable if it's the first version.
You should do this by passing "-v" to dpkg-buildpackage. Eg: "debuild
-v0.7.5-2", where "0.7.5-2" is the version in stable. If the package
wasn't in stable or backports before you don't have include the
changelog entrys (but you are free to do so). It helps others to
follow the changes introduced with the backport (by reading the
changes mailinglist).

Can you clarify me?

Cheers,

Eriberto