Re: jessie released - backports related changes

On Sat, 02 May 2015, Eriberto wrote:

> I can be confused about the subject, but I think that '-v' option is
> no longer necessary, right? If yes, I can see in 'Basic Rules':
>
> It is recommended to include all changelog entries since the last
> version on debian-backports or since stable if it's the first version.
> You should do this by passing "-v" to dpkg-buildpackage. Eg: "debuild
> -v0.7.5-2", where "0.7.5-2" is the version in stable. If the package
> wasn't in stable or backports before you don't have include the
> changelog entrys (but you are free to do so). It helps others to
> follow the changes introduced with the backport (by reading the
> changes mailinglist).
>
> Can you clarify me?
What on "recommended" is unclear?

The mail also says:
"It would still be pretty awesome for the above mentioned reasons if you
could keep it as part of your workflow, especially for uploads that end in
the policy queue, but we won't reject packages based solely on that anymore."

We recommend the usage of -v, but we don't enforce it anymore.

Alex