Re: resiprocate_1.9.7-4~bpo70+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 09/02/15 19:48, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2015-02-09, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> Using the -v option did not appear to copy anything into the
>> changes file unless I had also copied it into the
>> debian/changelog myself
>>
>> Where I wrote "copy the relevant stuff" I did mean copying all
>> entries. I keep a different debian/changelog file in each branch
>> of my repository and the only way things get into the file is if
>> they are manually copied there.
>
> The workflow you're describing sounds like you're recreating your
> backports source package from scratch, rather than deriving it
> directly From what's in jessie. Whatever source package or VCS
> branch you're building off of should be directly based on what's in
> jessie, so the changelog from jessie (and all the other packaging)
> should already be there. At least, that seems like a safer
> approach. But perhaps I and others are misunderstanding your
> workflow...

I cherry-pick all the changes from the debian-jessie branch into the
debian-wheezy-backports branch.  I don't leave any out.

Each time I modify debian/changelog, that is a separate commit.  I do
that so that there are never merge conflicts in the cherry-pick.

I could also merge the debian-jessie branch into my
debian-wheezy-backports branch but then I would have merge conflicts
in the changelog.

If you debdiff the backport and the package in jessie you should find
it is the same.  You can also explore my repository with gitk and diff
the branches or just

  $ git diff debian-jessie debian-wheezy-backports

to see it is OK.