Re: resiprocate_1.9.7-4~bpo70+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 2015-02-09, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Using the -v option did not appear to copy anything into the changes
> file unless I had also copied it into the debian/changelog myself
>
> Where I wrote "copy the relevant stuff" I did mean copying all entries.
>  I keep a different debian/changelog file in each branch of my
> repository and the only way things get into the file is if they are
> manually copied there.

The workflow you're describing sounds like you're recreating your
backports source package from scratch, rather than deriving it directly
From what's in jessie. Whatever source package or VCS branch you're
building off of should be directly based on what's in jessie, so the
changelog from jessie (and all the other packaging) should already be
there. At least, that seems like a safer approach. But perhaps I and
others are misunderstanding your workflow...

live well,
  vagrant