Re: remove owncloud from wheezy-bpo

Am Mittwoch, 19. November 2014, 17:17:34 schrieb David Prévot:
> Hi,

Hi David,

> Le 19/11/2014 11:52, Mike Gabriel a écrit :
> > On  Di 18 Nov 2014 20:42:21 CET, Hakan Siktas wrote:
> >> Do you have an advise for us, who already are using the ownCloud
> >> backport?
> >
> > Personally, I would add Debian jessie APT sources to my APT
> > configuration […]
> >
> > and then remove Debian jessie from APT again (or do proper APT pinning).
>
> A proper APT pinning is IMHO highly preferable. It could be a three
> lines file like:
>
> $ cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/testing
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 150

This is no proper pinning for machines that use wheezy-backports package cause
it will upgrade all wheezy-backports packages to jessie, as wheezy-backports
is priority 100. For example would it update btrfs-tools and initramfs-tools
for backport kernel to Jessie and this gives me:

serious Fehler von initramfs-tools (0.115~bpo70+1 -> 0.116) <ungelöst>
 #766920 - initramfs-tools: update-initramfs makes system unbootable due to
missing rootfs

Without reviewing this bug I won´t to this upgrade.

So I tried:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 150

Package: *
Pin: release a=wheezy-backports
Pin-Priority: 200

But then I get this:

mondschein:~> LANG=C apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  libaudit0 libcryptsetup4 libpam-systemd libsystemd-daemon0 libsystemd-
id128-0 libsystemd-journal0 libsystemd-login0 systemd
0 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1487 kB/1765 kB of archives.
After this operation, 4573 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? ^C

mondschein:~> LANG=C aptitude dist-upgrade
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

And this doesn´t make any sense at all to me. I could file a bug about this,
but as such a setup would not be an official supported one anyway, I do not see
much sense.

Maybe I´d need apt from Jessie for this to work?

So no Jessie owncloud on my machine until I migrate the machine to Jessie
completely or I have sorted out above issue, as I do not feel like running
systemd on a mixture of Jessie and Wheezy.

I would really prefer having a backport Owncloud without that mediaelement
build dependency. It may deviate, but the package is there already and
removing it creates issues for those users that have installed it. I don´t
know how many they are, but for me it was an obvious choice over a 3rd party
repository.

Is it really that important to have the backports package match exactly on
that media element build dependency. Is such a mixed wheezy/jessie setup
really preferable over a backport that fits well within wheezy? At least to my
findings about such a mixed setup appears to be highly experimental and even a
full jessie upgrade might be preferable.

I also get the impression there is some animonisity between you and Mike and I
would rather see some constructive discussion on how this situation can be
solved in a way that would both be acceptable for you and for Mike, that would
both be acceptable for Jessie and for Wheezy Backport needs.

I really appreciate Mike´s work on the backport as it made Owncloud nicely
accessible on my Wheezy based server.

Ciao,