Re: Request Tracker 4.2.x backport?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 04:51:01PM +0100, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> Dear Dominic,
>
> Thank you for providing backports of RT4.
>
> Do you have any plans to bring in RT 4.2?

In principle yes, but I'm a bit short on time at the moment (and
with the jessie release starting to loom on the horizon, it becomes
a bit less compelling).

One issue is that an update in backports would be quite invasive,
but I suspect on balance people would prefer up-to-date packages even
if it means some disruption (given they've gone with backports to start
with). I don't use RT4 in production at the moment so am less personally
motivated either way.

Help welcome - I suspect that the actual backport is pretty trivial
and it's just checking that all dependencies are satisfied and doing
some QA.

Dominic.