Re: adding oneself to uploaders (Re: Backport for icecast2)

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> On Freitag, 18. April 2014, Vincent Cheng wrote:
>> Debdiff looks fine. Backports policy dictates that you should always
>> avoid unnecessary changes, and that includes adding your name to
>> Maintainers/Uploaders (you'd do that only if you were actively
>> maintaining the package in sid).
>
> that's wrong, I do this all the time, so that these packages show up on
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=holger@debian.org and noone has
> complained so far.

Ah, I didn't think of DDPO as a possible use case for adding one's
name to Maintainers/Uploaders in a backported package. I'm not sure if
this is common practice, but I can't come up with anything to complain
about. :)

> It's true that unnecessary changes are to avoided though :)

Either way, if this was Robert's only change aside from bumping
d/changelog, I don't think I would've rejected the package...

Regards,
Vincent