Re: Backport for icecast2

Hi Robert,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Robert Weidlich
<debian@robertweidlich.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created and uploaded a backport for icecast2 2.3.3 and would like to
> ask you to review it:
>
>> https://mentors.debian.net/package/icecast2
>
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/icecast2/icecast2_2.3.3-2~bpo70+1.dsc
>
> I have not added myself to any Maintainers or Uploaders Fields yet, because I
> was unsure about the policy in this case.

Debdiff looks fine. Backports policy dictates that you should always
avoid unnecessary changes, and that includes adding your name to
Maintainers/Uploaders (you'd do that only if you were actively
maintaining the package in sid).

Anyways, a few quick questions before I go ahead and upload this...are
you willing to maintain this backport for wheezy's entire lifespan,
and deal with any bug reports against your backported icecast2
package? Those bug reports are supposed to come through this mailing
list, so you should also make sure that you're subscribed to the list.

Regards,
Vincent