Re: remove owncloud from wheezy-bpo

Hi,

Le 19/11/2014 11:52, Mike Gabriel a écrit :
> On  Di 18 Nov 2014 20:42:21 CET, Hakan Siktas wrote:
>
>> Do you have an advise for us, who already are using the ownCloud
>> backport?
>
> Personally, I would add Debian jessie APT sources to my APT
> configuration […]

> and then remove Debian jessie from APT again (or do proper APT pinning).

A proper APT pinning is IMHO highly preferable. It could be a three
lines file like:

$ cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/testing
Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 150

Such a file will ensure that “owncloud [and its] dependency packages
with fixed security issues [will be installed and updated]
automatically” as soon as the packages are removed from backports.

Please note that I use this approach since (before) owncloud got removed
from Wheezy, and after, when I joined the owncloud packaging team, I
made sure the relevant packages (i.e., including the dependency chain)
are installable and working in Wheezy (only arch:all package are pulled
from Jessie in the owncloud dependency chain).

Regards

David