Re: Origin / Suite in Debian Backports Release file

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 12:46:29PM +0200, Manuel Lorenzo wrote:

Hi,

> I think it should be changed to:
>
> Origin: Debian
> Label: Debian
> Suite: testing-backports
> Codename: jessie-backports

The "Suite" would then require several changes during the lifetime of
jessie-backports.
While it's testing-backports for now it will be stable-backports,
oldstable-backports and stale-backports during the years. Would that still
be helpful for your usecase?
I'm also not sure how far those values are determined by the dak instance
feeding the backports repository. In the end I do not see why one should try
to force the main repository layout on the backports repositry, because
jessie-backports will be backports for jessie for ever. But jessie itself
moves on from testing, stable, oldstable to a deprecated state.

Cheers,
Sven (just wondering, I'm not involved in running the archive)