Re: [Ceph-maintainers] Updated ceph backport

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:59:53 Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Alessio, I put you on CC because you are the leveldb maintainer and
> backporter. The problem is that ceph currently is not built on mips and
> mipsel because the leveldb backport is unavailable there.

I've checked

    https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=leveldb&suite=wheezy-backports

and found that leveldb on "mips" is in "Needs-Build" state
for over 100 days... :(

FTBFS on "mipsel" is due to crash in tests:

    ***** Running autocompact_test
    ==== Test AutoCompactTest.ReadAll
    Segmentation fault

The very same version of leveldb built successfully in "sid" so it may worth
asking wanna-build team to retry "mipsel" build in backports...

> I'm not sure why you
> really want to wait for 0.80.7 to reach testing. I would prefer an
> upload soon so we can check if our fixes really make the package build
> on more architectures.

No worries, I've uploaded 0.80.5-2~bpo70+1 for now.

> The final goal of my push to have this in backports is that I would also
> like to have the rbd backend in qemu activated in the backport. As
> Michael pointed out he would like to have a list of supported
> architectures for that.

Good plan, thanks.

--
Best wishes,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
        -- David Hume, "An Inquiry Concerning Human Understanding"