Re: Backporting kate (at least 4.11.n) to Wheezy by a newbie?

I've started the attempt, and I've dget'ed the files, put I didn't pay

attention to where I was and I don't like where they ended up.

Where is a good place to put the files--under /usr? Somewhere else?

I'm going to attempt to mv the files to a new location (per someone's

recommendation here), unless somebody tells me that mv'ing a bad

idea and I should simply delete them and re-dget them.

Randy Kramer