Re: Pepperflashplugin in backport does not work

op 14-09-14 14:01, Paul van der Vlis schreef:
> op 14-09-14 12:25, Bart Martens schreef:

>> However, you may have older Chrome packages still in
>> /var/cache/pepperflashplugin-nonfree so then you can manually extract the
>> player from an old Chrome package and install that player manually.
>
> Right, this works.
>
> I've uploaded the amd64 version to here:
> https://vandervlis.nl/files/google-chrome-stable_36.0.1985.143-1_amd64.deb

This is what I do to get flash working again in Chromium:

First install pepperflashplugin-nonfree when it's not installed.

Then do this as root:
----------
cachedir="/var/cache/pepperflashplugin-nonfree"
debfile="google-chrome-stable_36.0.1985.143-1_amd64.deb"
cd /tmp/
wget https://vandervlis.nl/files/$debfile
dpkg-deb -x $debfile unpackchrome
sofile=unpackchrome/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
[ -e $sofile ] ||
sofile=unpackchrome/opt/google/chrome-unstable/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
[ -e $sofile ] ||
sofile=unpackchrome/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
mv -f $sofile /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree
chown root:root /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so
chmod 644 /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so
mv $debfile $cachedir

Then restart Chromium and flash should work.
Most code comes from: /usr/sbin/update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl