Re: Pepperflashplugin in backport does not work

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 11:52:44AM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> op 14-09-14 08:17, Alexander Wirt schreef:
> > On Sun, 14 Sep 2014, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Bart,
> >>
> >> Pepperflashplugin-nonfree what's in wheezy-backports (1.4~bpo60) does
> >> not work with the version of Chromium what's in stable (35.0.1916.153).
> >>
> >> It installs fine, and I see the plugin in "chrome:plugins", but when I
> >> go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ I get the message
> >> "Adobe flash player is required to display some elements on this page".
> >>
> >> No problems in Jessie.
> > I did the latest uploads of pepperflashplugin, unfortunately
> > pepperflashplugin now links against GLIBC_2.14 which is not available in
> > wheezy (see [1]). I am not sure if this happened by intention, but there is
> > nothing we can do here. If upstream doesn't fix this, we will have to remove
> > the pepperflashplugin package from bpo.
>
> Would it be possible to go back to an older version?

Depends on what you mean by "older version".

The Debian package pepperflashplugin-nonfree is designed to always extract the
player from the newest Chrome package (within stable, beta or unstable).  The
Debian package pepperflashplugin-nonfree as-is does not support reverting to an
older player.  Going back to an older pepperflashplugin-nonfree won't help.

However, you may have older Chrome packages still in
/var/cache/pepperflashplugin-nonfree so then you can manually extract the
player from an old Chrome package and install that player manually.

Regards,

Bart Martens