ipmitool -- add Dellserver support at Wheezy

Hello,

I'm the maintainer of ipmitool.

There are bugs[1][2] to add support for the new Dell 13G PowerEdge
server.
The patched release 1.8.14-4 for Sid is uploaded from my sponsor and
since 2014-08-15 migrated to Jessie.

Now I want to get the Dell support into Wheezy.

I think therefore are two ways:

- Patch the 1.8.11-5 with the Dell support
- Backport the 1.8.14-4 for Wheezy

Patch into the 1.8.11-5 is very hard, the support for Dell server
completely missing. The first release with Dell support was the 1.8.12.

For the backport must only remove the systemd support.

I think that it is important to support the current Dell server.

Therefore we should consider whether the release 1.8.14-4 can be
transferred into Wheezy.

What is your opinion?

Sorry for my english. It's not my native language.

CU
Jörg

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756555
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=757375

--
pgp Fingerprint: 7D13 3C60 0A10 DBE1 51F8  EBCB 422B 44B0 BE58 1B6E
pgp Key: BE581B6E

Jörg Frings-Fürst
D-54526 Niederkail

Threema: SYR8SJXB