Re: Accepted debian-lan-config 0.13~bpo70+5 (source all)

Hi Rhonda,

sorry about the late reply, days are just packed ...

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 03:16:19PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Andreas B. Mundt <andi@debian.org> [2014-05-12 11:35:00 CEST]:

[...]

> > But I have not found any other sensible way for a rather special
> > package like debian-lan-config.  If you can suggest a better work
> > flow, I am happy to adopt it.
>
>  Get the fixes for stable into stable.  Don't abuse backports for fixes
> that belong in stable.  That's the sensible way.

OK, I agree that making it available in a point release is a much
better way for debian-lan-config. I'll try that path from now on.

>  I take it that you will try that approach and not alienate the
> backports service with misuse in the future and that we can remove the
> package again?

Sure.  It was not my intention to 'work against the rules'.  When I
did the first upload, I checked the rules, and at that time I
considered it fine (testing == stable just after release).  For some
reason I did not think about the point release path.  And in the
successive uploads, I did not reflect the issue again.

>  Sorry about this mess for all the users of the package,
Yes, and sorry about the mess I created for you (the backports ftp
masters).  Thanks for your work.

Best regards,

     Andi