Re: Request Backport: Thunar 1.6.3

    Hello!

O. Emmerson has written on Friday, 14 March, at 23:40:
>I would like to request a backport of Thunar 1.6.3 to stable.

>On a system with spinning HDD's and a lot of files in a directory I have
>found Nautilus unusably slow.

>However using Thunar is fast.

>I think the backport is desirable because versions before 1.6.3 do not
>include tabs.
>Having to open multiple Thunar windows for different directories you
>always want to have open is annoying, difficult to organise and slow to
>find the one you want.
>1.6.3 is a fast usable alternative to Nautilus which I feel would
>benefit many users.

    JFYI. PCManFM 1.1.2 is in the wheezy-backports and it is not slower
than Thunar but it has less dependencies I believe. It has not only tabs
but also some features Thunar does not have. And PCManFM was especially
optimized for folders with a lot of files (let say, tens of thousands of
them) lately. Feel free to try it, I suspect you may find it even faster
than Thunar.

The version 1.2.0 got yet more optimizations but it isn't in backports
yet, it will come there later.

>Thanks for your consideration.

    Cheers!
    Andriy.