Re: Iceweasel in Squeeze and security

On 26-06-13 21:38, Jens Schüßler wrote:

> What is worse if you get right that 17.0.7esr-1~bpo60+1 through
> deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-esr
> in your sources.list?
>
> What is the so unofficial part in the Debian Mozilla Maintainer Team that
> I should not trust the packages from that repository, but the build from debian.org
> repository, made by the very same people?

I am sceptical when it's not on the official site for backports. Maybe
it's completely automacally build without any testing.

What's the reason not to put it on the official site when it's OK?

Is the next step that we must get many backports from sites of the
maintainers?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl